Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have and old 1986 Ford F-350 truck, that I have had a

Customer Question
I have and old...

I have and old 1986 Ford F-350 truck, that I have had a compete tune up done on it at a dealership. They did replace the computer also. When we first start the truck and try to take off, it misses badly. If we start it and let it warm up for 5- 10 minutes, then drive it, it runs great. Any ideas. We have replaced the computer twice..

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

A dealer ship did it. They tuned it up and replaced the computer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

I would try replacing the engine coolant temperature sensor.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

It looks like they are charging me twice, please adjust charges for only one question. I received one answer only. I will try your solution .

I had already reported that other post as a duplicate so it was closed. You should get a refund on that deposit, if not contact customer service.

As far as this post goes, Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Customer service 1-***-***-****

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician