Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Ford Cougar and the bonnet wont open via cable…

Customer Question
Hi.i have a 2000...

Hi.i have a 2000 Ford Cougar and the bonnet wont open via cable - trying to access it through the front grill - but struggling

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

The cable must have disconnected inside the hood - so just trying to locate the latch with a screwdriver

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

Its just flapping - cable is attached to lever

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

thanks

i tried to find some diagrams to help you get it ,but i can not find any , i will opt out of the question and open it for other expert to assist you

on it

please cancel - am in. thanks