Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its making the rpm and dash gauges shake wen turning on. 2…

Customer Question
Its making the rpm...

Its making the rpm and dash gauges shake wen turning on

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

2 days i installed a new battery and new starter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 ford explorer xlt 6 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed the battery and installed a new starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would like to know wat else i need to change to make it work properly

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 4 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, whats wrong? Something with the gauges when starting the engine?

I installed a new battery amd starter. 2 days ago... And now wen i start the car. The rpm and miles guage shake.. And i jear a clicking sound. Amd it all goes away after 5 seconds. And gauges go to normal

Ok, you replaced the battery because it was weak and the starter for a different issue? It didnt have this problem before? No warning ligts are on? It shakes the gauges when you cycle the key to on or when cranking the car or when it starts running? Its the right battery and has good connections? Charging system is working properly?

Auto zone installed. It was a replacement of original.... And engine light is not on.....
It shakes the gaugues while turning on. And go back to normal 5 seconds. Later

Ok, as long as the battery has a good connection, then the charging system needs to be checked to make sure it is charging properly which it most likely is. The issue will most likely be with the instrument cluster itself. Its normal to see the gauges sweep when cycling the key to on, but shaking would be either a poor voltage supply or issue with the cluster. Its not uncommon to have to replace them, but they are a computer module which requires programming and PATS ignition key programming.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans