Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

AIR CONDITIONER BLOWS AIE OMLEY ON THE DEFOSTER NO VENT OR…

Customer Question
AIR CONDITIONER BLOWS AIE...

AIR CONDITIONER BLOWS AIE OMLEY ON THE DEFOSTER NO VENT OR FLOOR

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

NO NOTING COMES OUT

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2006 MARQUE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

DID NOTHING AT ALL

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This normally ends up being a broken vacuum line which results in the climate control defaulting to defrost only. Are you planning to diagnose and fix this yourself? If so I can go into detail on the tests.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 7 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

I'm not sure why you requested a new professional for this. The previous expert is correct on the issue being a vacuum leak on the MVAC system. There is not much more anyone else can add to this. I can advise on where to look, but that is all I can do since he already answered you correctly.