Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car has the theft light on it’s a 2014 mustang what can I…

Customer Question
My car has the...

My car has the theft light on it’s a 2014 mustang what can I do to fix ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

How can I reset the computer ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried erasing all the codes. fixing the ground on the batterie and just little things I seen online to try my next step was getting another key but I wanna see if there’s other ways I can fix .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s basically my only issue . I just wanna know if there’s other things I can try before paying for a new key

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assiting you today.

have you tried disarming the antitheft with the passenger door or the trunk?? all you have to do is UNLOCK and LOCK it and sometimes it disarms the anittheft

I tried that a few times and nothing it still wouldn’t turn on
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago
Is the light on steady or does it blink
It’s steady when car off but once the key is in its starts flashing fast .
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago

is it a convertible??

It’s a hard top
Ford Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 8 months ago

check and make sure hood is properly latched. also the disarm switch is in the driver door. try to put key in door and turn and hold for about 5 seconds either way.