Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 F250 xlt. has power locks. want to add key fob. cant…

Customer Question
2005 F250 xlt. has power...
2005 F250 xlt. has power locks. want to add key fob. cant get it into program mode. took it to ford dealer. they sent out a young tech who said it cant be done. Just wondering if it is possible. really want to be able to click a button to lock and unlock.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I have 3 super duty trucks. An 00 7.3, 06 5.4, 08 6.8 If I recall the XLT came stock with remote keyless entry. All of mine have it but the 06 in comparison to your 05. Both are XLT. I looked at the Ford repair guides and remote keyless entry is not a programmable parameter which means it comes stock. What happens when you complete the key cycle?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

you are saying that my truck should have keyless entry capability?

That is correct

I cycle the key 8 times and nothing happens

Does your truck have the keypad on the door, auto lamps, auto locks?

If not these things would be included with remote keyless entry.

That would mean the person whom ordered the vehicle new opted to delete a standard feature.

If that is the case then you would need to have a different vehicle security module installed.

No keypad on door. Yes it has power locks.

Does it auto lock the doors once you start driving?

DO you have auto lamps which turn the headlights on when it gets dark?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris