Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Sunroof will not close

Customer Question
Sunroof will not close
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

When you push the button to close it, do you hear any noise at all from the motor?

Is it stuck all the way open or partially open

And I need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics for your sunroof

BEB04495) when closing it it moves all the forward to close position then immediately bumps the front and rolls back to fully open

HI,

Ok, first step is to try the initialization procedure which is basically reprogramming it

1. Turn the ignition to the RUN position.
- For an existing roof opening panel motor, skip to Step 3.

- For a new roof opening panel motor, proceed to Step 2.

2. NOTE: If the slide switch is released before initialization movements are complete, turn the ignition key to the OFF position, then back to the RUN position and repeat this step.

For a new roof opening panel motor/module:

- Press the slide switch until the roof opening panel moves past the full OPEN position and continue to hold for approximately 10 seconds. The roof opening panel will cycle slightly rearward and then slightly forward to the stored OPEN position.

- Quickly release and re-press and hold the slide switch. The roof opening panel glass will move to the full VENT position, then back to CLOSED (initialization movements). The initialization movements will start within approximately 3 seconds after the switch is pressed. When the initialization movements are complete, go to Step 4.

3. NOTE: All roof opening panel motor/module assemblies have an electronically controlled comfort stop position, which is approximately 50 mm (2 in) from the full OPEN position. When the roof opening panel is opened, the slide switch must be released when the comfort stop position has been reached and then pressed again to fully open the roof opening panel.

NOTE: If the slide switch is released before initialization movements are complete, turn the ignition key to the OFF position, then back to the RUN position, and repeat this step.

For an existing roof opening panel motor/module:

- Press and hold the slide switch until the roof opening panel glass moves to the full OPEN position. Release the switch.

- Press and hold the slide switch for approximately 10 seconds. The roof opening panel will cycle slightly rearward and then slightly forward to the stored OPEN position.

- Quickly release and re-press and hold the slide switch. The roof opening panel glass will move to full VENT position, then back to CLOSED (initialization movements). The initialization movements will start within approximately 3 seconds after the switch is pressed.

4. Release the slide switch and test the system for normal operation by carrying out one-touch open, one-touch close and one-touch vent operations.

Try this and if no go, will go from there

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager