Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How can i manually disarm theft alarm on 2003 ford windstar.

Customer Question
How can i manually...

How can i manually disarm theft alarm on 2003 ford windstar

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Bought new battery and alternator and car wont start again. theft light is on, possibly draining battery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
also, all doors are closed, but door light indicator on the dash is on as well.
12/6/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what kind of alarm system are you trying to disarm? An aftermarket key fob alarm? The PATS ignition security key system red theft lamp flashes fast when you turn the key to on?

Hi, I prefer to get some more information before making a phone call, since its an additional charge. Unless you prefer me to call you

manufacturer alarm.

Ok the PATS security red theft lamp or the yellow antitheft lamp? Whats it doing, wont open the doors, alarm sirens goes off all the time? Engine wont run?

red theft lamp, wont start
no alarm is going off but theft light on dash goes on/off.

Ok the red theft lamp PATS system cannot be bypassed. If its blinking fast, it cant read the security chip in the ignition key. If you have a different key you can see if it will allow the vehicle to start. If not. You need to have 2 keys to program the pats system. Anytime there is an issue like this the first thing to always do beside run a check for codes of the PATS system is to cut and program 2 new keys and recheck its operation. A local locksmith with PATS programming capability can come to you and do this or it will need to get towed to a local dealer and be done for a much more expensive repair.

If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

it is pretty weird. I can start the car with a jump. but light stills goes on/off slowly.

Ok is it cranking over slowly and starts when you jump it like a weak battery? The theft lamp blinks slow when the key is out of the ignition. It blinks fast when you turn the key to on if it cant read the key. It should stay on steady a few seconds and then go off if its working properly

cranked slowly, now running and theft light is off.

Then this is most likely a weak battery if it will crank with a jump. If its an older battery, make sure it has a goood clean connection, no corrosion. have the battery load tested by an auto parts store. If its weak it needs replacement and they will want the old battery as a core.

I turned off the car. now the theft light is flashing every few seconds and wont start.

With the key out of the ignition it always flashes on/off slowly. If it blinks fast when you turn the key to on, it has a pats issue. If the battery is weak it will do all sorts of weird things.

bought the battery and the 2 new alternators 2 days ago. so not sure whats draining the battery. could it be theft alarm or door indicator?
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Different expert here.

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

I think this would be your best bet getting the vehicle fixed.

I can talk right now

did you need my number

Ok, sounds good.

Please accept my offer and call me now

The system won't allow me to send over an additional offer. However, you may be able to request one on your end.

I did twice, it said "Sorry, the Ford Mechanic is unable to call you right now, but is still available for this online conversation." but my card shows a pending charge of $26

Here is customer contact information

You can contact them and get the details worked out.

Ford Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 7 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started