Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 ford escape air bag warning light flashing pulses of 3…

Customer Question
2002 ford escape air...

2002 ford escape air bag warning light flashing pulses of 3 then 7 ...37

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Not obviously..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I moved the seat all the way forward and checked the connectors under the seat?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This problem started out sporadically but is steadily broke all the time now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
12/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

When the airbag light flashes light code 37 then the airbag system is seeing a problem in the passenger side airbag and will store one or more codes in airbag module. There are four different codes that can be stored for the same flashed code 37 in memory. This is problem specific for the same airbag but will be more precise as to the problem like a short or open or incorrect ohms resistance of the airbag circuit. You will need to have the code retrieved and that code tested using dealer specific tools to simulate a good airbag so the wiring can be checked. This will isolate if it is a wiring or airbag failure.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 3 months ago

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you and can get question closed out. Thanks.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61