Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How much vacuum dose it take to open and close one of the…

Customer Question
How much vacuum dose...

How much vacuum dose it take to open and close one of the heater vent doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

No i have a problem with the selector changing which vent it will blow out of when I turn the knob on my '99 F150.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. In the beginning I thought the heater problem was the thermostat. I changed it and the heater still does not work. From the information I have read I believe that the problem the blend door is bad, but when I turn control knob from vent to floor to defrost the air still blows through vents on the dash.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

A minimum of 8 inches is needed.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time in chat?

Thanks again,

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.