Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Alright group, I have run into a serious issue, which needs…

Customer Question
Alright group,I have run...

Alright group,I have run into a serious issue, which needs some advice and help with if at all possible. Recently I have been noticing when I am driving my 2006 Police Package Crown Victoria whether the climate control accessories are running such as; defrost, a/c or floor setting the lights on my radio flicker in and out as well as the dash as if it has a glowing appearance and before we sit here and just rule out its the alternator or the battery, should explain the alternator is a Premier Gear brand, which come brand new in the sealed package and not a re-manufactured alternator by any means and also using an AGM Optima red top battery as well. Now some of things that I have down is searched high and low behind the kicker panels both the driver and passenger side, thinking possibly their is a loose ground somewhere, but I am not able to discover or find anything loose whatsoever. This being said after checking for any loose ground wires nothing has come up and should be noted too I have checked the ground from the block and the ground on the alternator and nothing. I am in a rock and hard spot as one would say as to what the issue even is or how to isolate and resolve this. When I am accelerating around 62- 6 mph on the freeway and have the defrost on, this is where I really see the dash and radio as well as the lights behind the climate control panel intermittently glowing/flickering in and out. Could it be bulb that is burnt out on the one side of the climate control panel that could be attributing to this. I have all new MSD Street coil packs as well as Ford Motorcraft Platinum spark plugs, so not losing any compression or any misfire or any engine codes whatsoever. When I tested the alternator at-idle its sitting around 14.8 - 15 volts.Please if someone has the time understand what I am experiencing and knows what it could be, please reach out to me and let me know and any advice you many have, furthermore can send me your answer(s) via private message.Thank you Group, look forward to hearing from some of you or someone who can really know the issue at stake on what's happening with the electrical in my car. It should be noted too the parking lights intermittently dim in and out when this behavior is happening in the interior of the car, but the headlights are bright.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I am wondering if I have a bad lighting control module

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Crown Victoria yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked all the ground wires not seeing any issues there

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Would it be possible for you to drive with a helper with the climate control out and test the illumination power supply and ground wires to it when i fails to see if we are searching for a power or ground to blame issue here?

This isn't helping me much, I am sorry.