Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Driving along speedometer,odometer,miles to empty all shut…

Customer Question
Second opinion] driving along speedometer,odometer,miles...
Second opinion] driving along speedometer,odometer,miles to empty all shut down starts shifting funny. pull over shut motor off,start back up everything okJA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?Customer: noJA: What is the model/year of your Ford?Customer: 2013 f150 4x4JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: I will try to .have done nothing yetJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The Instrument Cluster receives the vehicle speed signal from the PCM over the High Speed Controller Area Network (HS-CAN). The PCM receives the vehicle speed signal input from the transmission Output Shaft Speed (OSS) sensor. The IC monitors the vehicle speed signal input from the PCM and commands the speedometer with a corresponding movement of the pointer.

We need a scan tool to monitor the OSS signal to the PCM to see if in fact it is erratic or is dropping out. If so then we are looking at a sensor or wiring issue to blame here.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris