Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford 2015 edge. Cannot open door battery is dead. Cannot…

Customer Question
Ford 2015 edge. Cannot...

Ford 2015 edge. Cannot open door battery is dead.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Cannot access inside therefore cannot pop hood to boost car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried key on drivers side underneath does not fit. Could be wrong key provided by dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I see one parking lite on which could be draining battery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
My name is***** should use your key under lock cover and insert the key just enough to slide cover off and then use key in key slot on door under the cover.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you and can get question closed out. Thanks.