Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to see a diagram of the locatio of the input speed…

Customer Question
I need to see a...
I need to see a diagram of the locatio of the input speed sensor on the 4.2 litre Freestar engine
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

What type of problem are you having and what are you calling the input speed sensor?

The input speed sensor tells the computer the speed of the vehicle.

I'm not showing the 4.2 engine to have an input speed sensor. I has a crankshaft sensor as well as a turbine speed sensor. What type of problem are you trying to fix Brian?

You're calling it something different than my source. It is a sensor which looks like a pcv valve with a wire connector and it tells the computer the speed of the vehicle so that the transmission knows when to shift. .
My sources say there is an input speed sensor on the block and an output sensor on the trans. I want to know the location of the input sensor.
By the way, my name is ***** *****

I have looked at the complete wiring diagrams for the engine controls on this engine and there is no input sensor on the 4.2 motor nor is the one listed for it.

I would then like a diagram of the location of the things you refer to as the crankshaft sensor and the turbine sensor

Sure thing, see the link below, its on the front of the block at the crankshaft.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruj9c23l5mr39bx/CKP%20sensor%20Dec%204.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.