Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Code b2292 air bag blinking. 2005 ford f-150 4x4 5,4. Iam…

Customer Question
Code b2292 air bag...

Code b2292 air bag blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 ford f-150 4x4 5,4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Iam just hooked up snap on computer and that code come up restraint system pre tenioner fault

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

ok thanks

The code B2292 in most cases sets if you have a failing Seat Belt Pretensioner and in your case, this would indicate the driver side. In order to verify if in fact, that is the case you need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxkvuuro1aqomzk/Preten%20Dec%204.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.