Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Good moring I have a 2014 ford f 450 with a 6.7. it had a…

Customer Question
good moring I have a...
good moring I have a 2014 ford f 450 with a 6.7. it had a bad tank heater in the def tank I replaced it and now there is no engine light but the dash reads 50 mph in 50 miles. I have the ids scan tool from ford
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, first try the regeneration procedure using your IDS

Enable OCR by using IDS and following the procedure below:

a. Select - Module Programming.

b. Select - Programmable Parameters.

c. Select - Personality.

d. Select - Forced Regeneration Request.

e. Select - Enable and follow the IDS screen prompts to complete programming.

Ok I will try that now thanks get back shortly
It said it didn't require one but I am doing one anyways
It says vehicle conditions not correct to continue test. It was working for 10 minutes

sorry for the delay- I have satellite internet and have a bit of a snow blizzard going on and internet is spotty. I am going to release this so another expert can get you quicker help

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The other tech has opted out.

Would you like me to try and help?