Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It is 9 pm here in Hawaii and I am leaving work and my car…

Customer Question
It is 9 pm...

It is 9 pm here in Hawaii and I am leaving work and my car will not start. All the lights come on the buttons and bells but it will not start!

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Head lights, interior lights, my hatch back opens when I push the button

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Ford Escape Titanium

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the oil, brake fluid, battery connections

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am not a mechanic but not unfamiliar with mechanic work but it is the new msystems that confuse me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is this a key or push button start model?

Ignition in the run position, what is the theft light doing?

Push Button Start mode. Now the dash screen says "Vehicle Transport Mode Active"
Please Contact your dealer

To diagnose a no crank/start situation with a push button start. A diagnostic tool is needed. Do you have access to one?

No

Do you know wone with this tool?

Will the instrument cluster power up like it is getting ready to start?

But now I only have the large screen that comes and the daytime lights.
I have no one here that I can attempt to use my jumper cables with.

To continue on this diagnostic process a scan tool will be needed.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician