Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1993 Ford 5.8 hard start when cold later in day started no…

Customer Question
1993 Ford 5.8 hard...

1993 Ford 5.8 hard start when cold later in day started no problem retrieve code 114 ACT Sensor would that sensor cause the hard start

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Act sensor 114 code trggered

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '93 Ford?

F350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes Replace fuel pumps But that was because of bad modules

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. To answer your question, yes. This sensor, if faulty will cause the vehicle to have hard starts and, since the PCM uses information from this sensor to adjust the amount of fuel that the engine receives, it can also cause the vehicle to run rich/lean on fuel. Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific information for this vehicle along with replacement information and description and operation.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.