Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have this START ASSIST NOT AVAILABLE warning and both the…

Customer Question
I have this HILL...

I have this HILL START ASSIST NOT AVAILABLE warning and both the ABS and traction control will light up. What is wrong with my 2015 Ford escape titanium

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Both ABS light and traction control will light up . Sometimes it would go away after I restart the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I am trying to fix it if I can. This usually happens when I stop the car to a halt but not all the time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is tock and I havent change anything. stock

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
This "HILL START ASSIST NOT AVAILABLE" warning together both the ABS and traction control lights up, only happens when I had a sudden or hard stop. When I turn off engine and restart it again, the lights goes off as if nothing happens. This only happens a week ago. Didnt have this problem before.
12/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

You have a code in the ABS system. This is causing all of your other lights to come on. These systems communicate with each on a network and use sensor information from each other. Traction control and hill start use anti lock brake system info and vise versa.

You need to get a scan for codes and see what the problem is. Most common cause is a faulty wheel speed sensor. In order do diagnose which wheel you need a scan tool that is able to read live data from the abs system and see real time mph reading of each wheel speed sensor. There is one sensor at each wheel.

Once you have the code you will be able to narrow down the problem and find the root cause.

Also I would contact your Local Ford dealer as this still may be covered under factory warranty and the repair could be no cost to you.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Now that I have provided a full or partial answer a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question answered!