Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have Ford Galaxy Edge 2.0 Auto 2009 on motorway after few…

Customer Question
Hi I have Ford...

Hi I have Ford Galaxy Edge 2.0 Auto 2009 on motorway after few minutes driving it comes with [i} message Transmistion Service Required and looses power after stopping the enine and starting again normalnny the fault clears then it comes back again after few minutes driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No i do not have any code rreader

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What year is your Edge?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i am not fixin gmyself i will give it to my friend who is self tought mechanic, but i want to have an idea what may be wrong I have not tried anything yet just switching the engine off was sorting it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But not for long

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
It only happens on motorway. Never happened on slow speed
12/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When this occurs since the transmission service required light/message is coming on this indicates the engine/transmission computer is seeing a fault with one of the transmission components and is alerting to you that an issue is found.What has to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and can communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

I suspect there is a fault with a transmission shift or pressure solenoid or possibly transmission temp sensor needs to be replaced.There are several causes for this fault here so it is difficult to pinpoint the issue from here without knowing what codes are set.So the codes do need to be read out to help locate and repair this fault but these are some of the common causes.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thank You Pete.It looks like I cannot get the answer without having the code reader (which I wanted to avoid hence I came to this side)Looks like the best option will be to give the car to someboy who already has the tools and let then dealwith the repairs.

Your welcome

If you can get the codes read out and can come back here and post the code info this will help just let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete