Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Went to start Ford escape and it won't start. Indicting that…

Customer Question
Went to start Ford...

Went to start Ford escape and it won't start. Indicting that the pats has been activated but there's no way it could have. Only have one key for it and it's the middle of the night. Nothing happened to the key but did try putting a new battery in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is fine as are cables. Tried jumping it and that didn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Escape?

08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes doing ourselves and checking fuses now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything except it's my mom's car and she needs to go to work in about 5 hours.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Key in the run position is the theft light flashing rapid?

An idea what may have caused this?