Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My brakes are soft, at times I take the pedal almost to the…

Customer Question
My brakes are soft...

My brakes are soft, at times I take the pedal almost to the floor. no warning lights, had the brakes checked and master cylinder replaced but it has the same issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?

There has never been a warning light, and the fluid level ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2009 escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I took it to les schawb, they did the checks and replaced the master cylinder. They said they didn't know what it was, maybe a computer problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Around the same time the passenger window started to act up, it works fine on the passenger side, but on the driver controls will only roll it up not down. Also I just replaced the tranny cooling system 2 months ago.. Not sure if it is all related

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
12/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

If you replaced the master cylinder and the system was bled properly, you probably have a problem with the abs hydraulic control unit. Before you replace any more parts you should get the suv checked by a mechanic who knows more than the I DONT KNOW GUYS. The abs can give problems and not set a code or turn a light on. You also might have problems with the calipers. They can bind and cause a low pedal issue. The electrical problems are unrelated. Again get it checked by someone who knows what they are doing. You don't want to drive around with unsafe brakes. Hope this helps.

thank you