Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After changing batter my brake lights dont work. Fluid full.

Customer Question
After changing batter my...

After changing batter my brake lights dont work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Fluid full

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses, but wiring assembly was replaced. when turning on headlights brake lights stay on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
is there a reset on this model after replacing the battery
is there a reset on this model after replacing the battery ?
would like an answer please
12/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

You have a 2010 Ford what model?

A little confused on what happened in what order.

1. after changing batter my brake lights dont work
  2. checked fuses, but wiring assembly was replaced. when turning on headlights brake lights stay on
hey moose,it"s a 2010 ford escape the wiring harness has been replaced never had light problems before this ,no brake lights ,when you turn the head lights on brake lights come on turn off lights an brake lights turn off if you step on brake no lights come on
no not for $26

When you turn on the headlights, does the 3rd brake light illuminate?

it does

I am pretty sure you have a circuit board failure within the smart junction box

If you can do wire testing with a volt ohm meter at the SJB I can help you diagnose this to confirm that.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician