Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Remote car starter question I have a remote starter — OMEGA…

Customer Question
remote car starter questionI have...
remote car starter questionI have a remote starter — OMEGA is the brand serial number RS-330-eI dont know how many times and if there are any pauses in the routine for starting the car.It doesnt work by just pressing start once. there appears to be some pattern you have to follow but i dont know what it is.Please help.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

To remote start the vehicle you need to press the start button on the key fob two times within five seconds.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

that doesnt seem to work...sometimes when i press it four times in will work

There is a very good chance that the fob isn't transmitting when you're pressing the button. Try either replacing the battery or removing it and testing it's voltage with a voltmeter. IF the battery is ok then the next step would be to test the fob to see if it's transmitting correctly each time the button is pressed. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will test fobs for free.

i changed the battery with no difference. the light on the fob is lighting when pressing the start button

The next step will be to have it tested to see if it is transmitting.

ok ill go to auto zone
i have two fobs and they are both acting this way...so i dont know what to think now. Sometimes when I press start 4 times it will start...other times not

They may both be bad but the remote start module may also be failing. Having the fobs tested will differentiate.