Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 F150, the car was in a crash and the curtain…

Customer Question
I have a 2013 F150...
I have a 2013 F150, the car was in a crash and the curtain airbags deployed, I have replaced the curtain airbags with genuine ford replacements, and I have replace the driver and passenger seat belts, I need help in locating the impact sensors. the car was hit in the passenger front and on the driver side.My question is what is the process of getting the airbags bag online, do the impact sensors need to be replaced? What is the process of reseting the control module.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
12/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is this a regular cab or an extended cab?

Are you looking for the passenger side impact sensor location?

It is a four door extended cab. 2013 XLT super screw.I am trying to get an idea of what impact sensors would need to be replaced from a front passenger impact and a side driver doors impact, and their locations yes.Things to note, no other airbags besides the curtain airbags deployed.
I have already replaced those and have been driving the car.

In most cases, if it was hit in the passenger front side then that sensor would need to be replaced. See the front passenger sensor location in the first link below. There are 3 sensors on the 4 door on the passenger side and one front impact sensor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7bj0uih9d0az81/door%20sensor%20Dec%202.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugitj49gvx0j1u4/mid%20sensor%20Dec%202.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt24igrbcogngvh/rear%20sensor%20Dec%203.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o9v8tt235ipvmi/front%20Dec%202.pdf?dl=0

62; For the side sensors on the driver side, all of them would need to replaced?
> Do you have the model number of those sensors?
> and the one for the front?
> Is there any way to test if they are bad or good?I have uploaded two images to give you perspective of how hard the car was hit, originally the step rail was bent under the car but I have since replaced it

In most cases, if any of the sensors are bad they will set a restraint system fault code which should help yu narrow down which is failing. The impact on the driver door does not look too bad but I would suspect the door sensor may be needing to be replaced if the bags deployed. Unfortunately, I do not have access to part number for these. You are going to want to contact your dealer along with your vin number and they can help you with those.

Ok great I called a ford dealership and gave them my vin like you said and they gave me the
model number for the front, door, and rear sensors.
I will go ahead and purchase those and replace them.There is one door sensor in each door for a total of four correct?Once they are replaced do I need to replace the airbag control module? or can it be reset?Thanks!

There is one sensor in the driver's side door as well as the passenger side door. The rear doors do not have one, they use the second-row sensor and the rear sensor as shown in the links I sent you in my first post.