Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My truck just died and and light and battery light came on.

Customer Question
Hi my truck just...

Hi my truck just died and and light and battery light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

Well I just replaced the alternator about a year ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2003 ford f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm waiting to get a boost and then taking the truck to get the battery tested

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the lights inside the cab are going on and off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 8 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Does the engine crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

it cranks over
while I was driving the lights went off and my and light and battery light came on

Ok, if it cranks over but does not start, the battery should be ok

abs light

Got it! So if the engine cranks over but does not start, you need to check for spark and fuel while cranking.

Let me know!