Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2006 Mustang automatic transmission is having issues.

My 2006 Mustang...

My 2006 Mustang automatic transmission is having issues. Won’t engage into fear especially in cold. Jerks when putting in drive

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?

153k miles. I just bought it last month

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing. No dipstick tocheck fluid. Taking to Transmissons shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

OD light is on. Gear shifter working

12/1/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Does the transmission run better once it warms up?

Type ok

No need to call, ignore the pop up.

Do you have the check engine light on?

Just OD light

Does the OD light stay on solid or flash ?

It stays on but pushing in the shifter turns it off/on

Ok. That means there are no transmssion codes present. If there was a problem with transmission electronics there will be a check engin elight on or o'd light will flash. The symptom you are experiencing is usually caused by a clogged transmission filter or low transmission fluid.

That would be wonderful. They can only check it under the car?

Yes, It will need tobe checked from the bottom.

Are there any recalls for the shocks?

Let me check.

According to my system there is no open recall for shocks on this vehicle.

Ok thx

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
The transmission shop I need a new tranny or complete breakdown to find issues. They said transmission fluid burnt. I was assured this is a reputable company .
Did they find any metal shavings in the fluid?
They did not mention it but I don’t know for sure. They said something was broken.
Sorry about the wait. If there was a component broken the service engine soon light will come on and it will not shift fine once warmed. If there is metal particles present along with burned fluid then there is a possibility of a worn transmission
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh