Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced fuel pump ran for three days and now no power, turn…

Customer Question
Replaced fuel pump ran...

Replaced fuel pump ran for three days and now no power, turn signal switch was faulty (arm came out and high beam lights will not turn off) replaced turn signal assembly will start but shuts down and no power to anything, jump start will run but stalls out and again no power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent, runs less than a minute stalls out and then no electrical power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004, f-150 4.6 2wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuel pump was burned at pump connection-replaced, turn signal turn arm was loose and fell out-replaced, alt reads 14 volts when running

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 9 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Are you saying the engine cranks but does not start due to no power to the fuel pump or are you saying it starts but then stalls due to no power to the fuel pump?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

starts, runs less than 1 minute shuts down, then no electrical power, no lights, no instruments; jump start and same thing occurs; replaced pump and turn switch

I see. Thank you for that information. Would you be willing to speak on the phone?