Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 01 f250 7.3 and my 4wd stuck I. 4low and now that…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a 01 f250 7.3 and my 4wd stuck I. 4low and now that it's out it does nothing but the switch and relays and motor all check out good

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

204000 and yes well maintained

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've asked shops and looked all over the internet tried everything but still not shifting and no lights to show it working

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
12/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

what have you tried exactly?

I e tested the shift motor it's good new relays new control switch and the switch has 12 v power
when I ground the relays under hood I can hear the motor shift and the lights will work

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

thanks for clarifying

I suspect the module is to blame, assuming to wiring issue to/from the module, which is unlikely.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.