Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Ford Econoline 350 has low beam but no high beam.

Customer Question
2002 Ford Econoline 350...

2002 Ford Econoline 350 has low beam but no high beam

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Econoline E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, dimmer switch assembly in & new bulbs

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does the flash to pass option turn on hi beams?

No

This would mean the geen/black wire that goes from dimmer switch to fuse box is broken somewhere. Verify wire leaving dimmer switch has good power and wire going to fuse box doensn't if so you will need to follow wire to find damage or splice in a new wire between the two points. Let me know if you have questions. Here is a wiring diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s77gww4ew04b9tq/hl.pdf?dl=0

Dan, this is in regard to the 2002 Ford Econoline Van E 350, with no high beam lights. I Have checked everything and it has voltage from the light switch to the control on the steering wheel and down to the fuse. The indicator. for high beam is not working.

You checked the green/black wire leaving switch for power and verified the green/black wire going to fuse box has power with hi beams on?

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.