Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Heat gage dont work all the time, will work when ac is on.

Customer Question
Heat gage dont...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

None, level is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ford explorer sport v6 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

The check engine light is on, but when i have the thing pluged in at oriellys it wont show anything. cant get a reading

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My car wont excelerate, have to lite excelerate to get it to go sometimes it dies

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, you are talking about a couple different issues. The temperature gauge on the dash doesnt work unless the ac is on? It reads cold all the time until you turn the ac on then it reads normally? As for the check engine light, it is probably a Ford Proprietary code, meaning a generic code reader cant read the code, a high end scan tool needs to be used. How many miles are on the engine? It idles ok but has a lack of power on acceleration?