Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have 2015 superduty engine light comes on says #1 nox sensor…

Customer Question
Have 2015 superduty engine...

Have 2015 superduty engine light comes on says #1 nox sensor not working, replaced sensor. light sayed off for aday then come back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No yes nox sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Ford?

This light has come on before ,but before icould it replaced the light would go off. yes2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No ,replaced nox sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine light comes on then goes off after a few days. last it came on and sayed on, cleared code light goes off, replaced nox sensor anyway, but light still came back on and sayed on.????????????

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Fix It Man, Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Hello my name is***** you tell me how many miles are on the vehicle.
156152
156000 miles
Thank you. One more question. What is the code number you are receiving?
Not sure. #1sensor(box) bank #1
Nox sensor #1 bank #1
By what is the P code from the computer. I just want to verify it first.
Don't know
That would help me to give you a better diagnosis if you can get it. If not it sounds like a programming issue. I have had a lot of these trucks need the computer updated in order to keep the Nox code from coming back after replacement of the sensor. It is a corruption in the programming.