Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 focus wagon rear end fishtail and noise. Just had front…

Customer Question
2005 focus wagon rear...

2005 focus wagon rear end fishtail and noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just had front end done. Ball joint upper n lower both sides and spindle replaced. Now back end making noise and fishtailing. Didn't see anything major. Replaced bolt on rear swaybar

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Seems to wear passenger side rear tire

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

No. Put new tires all the way around. Broke band on rear passenger tire

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Was a 4 wheel alignment done?

Have 2005 ford focus wagon. Just had front end done. Now rear end making noise and fishtails. Feels like gonna slide out from under car. Looked don't see anything loose or broken. Did replace rear sway bar bolt
Basic shop. Did old fashioned alignment.

Did you have this problem before the repairs?

No

From my experience, fishtailing indicates that the alignment is severely off, or a suspension component, typically in the rear, is loose. The fishtailing is because the tracking of the car from the front to the rear is not straight.

Do you have any more questions regarding this issue?

Found the problem. Bad rear drivers side wheel bearing.
Ok great news that you found the issue. Please take a moment to rate my assistance with the stars above. And please note that even after rating the chat will remain open so you can bookmark this page and come back with any follow up questions. Thanks

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!