Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2016 Ford F-250 extended cab 6.7 diesel 22500 miles. Service…

Customer Question
2016 Ford F-250 extended cab...
2016 Ford F-250 extended cab 6.7 diesel 22500 miles. Service Advancetrac warning comes and goes intermittently. Never stays on.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Checked connectors near parking brake and light went out. Don’t know which one is the culprit
11/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 4 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you had the abs module scanned for the stored codes? That would help isolate which circuits have caused the light to come on.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

C0061
C0063
C0062
C0064
U1a00
U0028Leads me to believe that a connector is making intermittent contact. With such a large number of codes in the abs module.

Those codes indicate problems with the roll sensor, yaw rate sensor, etc. Those are used for detecting vehicle sway, for airbags and the trailer sway system. Those sensors are in the Airbag Control Module. What the codes in the abs module are indicating, is that there was no communication from the airbag module to the abs module. You should have the airbag module scanned for codes. This is a tricky situation to diagnosis There are one or two big connectors by where you were already wiggling wires. I would clear the codes in all the modules, after checking the airbag module, and then wiggle testing the wires where you were to see if the codes come back right away or not. Sometimes there are communication glitches in modules and disconnecting the battery for a few minutes will reset them.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Only module that had codes was the abs module. I cleared Them and will see if they come back.

Ok. Sounds good. Please take a quick second to rate my assistance with the stars above. Also note that even after rating the chat will remain open for future follow up questions you may have. Thanks.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician