Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What does the following warning on the dashboard of my Ford…

Customer Question
What does the following...

What does the following warning on the dashboard of my Ford 150 Platinum model mean: "Descend Assist Control Fault"? Does it suggest a brake or transmission problem? problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Applroximately three weeks.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your E150?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing it myself. I just want to know how to interpret the message.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
11/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So basically with that means you have a fault in one of the components that controls the wheel speed or drive electronics , it will have to be put on a scanner to determine the code that is at fault and be repaired from there, it could be something as simple as a brake switch,