Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2016 Ford Explorer police interceptor will not start, all…

Customer Question
2016 Ford Explorer...

2016 Ford Explorer police interceptor will not start, all lights come on but it will not turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The display in the dash comes on like it should, tell the mileage tripometer works but the engine will not turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I checked the starter, ignition switch, I have 12 volts to the starter on the big post but can’t get anything on the signal wire

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes it also says steering assist vault

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

does the starter engage?

No

have you tried more than one key?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

unfortunately in that case it is likely an immobilizer / computer related issue if the start signal is being prevented from reaching the starter.

given the complexity of this system you unfortunately would need access to a ford factory scan tool to diagnose further.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.