Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 4.6 keeps overheating have replaced heater core

Customer Question
My 4.6 keeps overheating...

My 4.6 keeps overheating have replaced heater core themostate had both engine system flush out but still keeps overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes none

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

03 f150 kingranch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself have replaced head gaskets heater core atifreeeze thermostatesheaderhoses

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

with the engine at operating temp are the upper and lower radiator hoses equally hot?

no top is cold

ok, standby please

if the top is cold, the thermostat isn't opening.

thought so so i replaced it 5 different times

dont take offense but are you sure its not in backward?

seen it a lot

works good after it overheats till it cools down then we start all over again

but the upper hose never gets hot?

gets hot after it overheats

do a block test

ok thanks

is the cap under pressure?

before a block test, I would make sure you got all of the air out of the system

wasnt at first replaced it now it s fine
how do i do that

standby

ok will try that thanks

you're welcome and please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

hows it going?