Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2003 ford expedition wont start at all wont crank over…

Customer Question
My 2003 ford expedition wont...
My 2003 ford expedition wont start at all wont crank over like it wants to start dose nothing at all but noise coming from my fuse box. All my lights come on
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 4 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the noise a clicking noise?

Its like a humming noise

is it coming from the starter relay?

Thats the black box thats in with my fuses? If so. Im not sure if its coming from that. I touch everything in my fuse box to see if i could feel witch one was making that noise and they all feel the same. And if it is that black box thats in with my fuses then i got a new one it coated 15.89 and it didnt do anything still the same

csn you remove that and see if it still hums when trying to start?

Yea i took it and left it out and see if it still was making noise and it still does
i check my battier voltage and its at 10.35 to 10.36

do you have a test light or a voltmeter?

I think its a voltmeter. My dad came over and did the battier test
I dont have the Manuel book for it to know what fuse is for what

10.3 volts is not enough, it needs to be at 12 volts, have you tried jumping the truck or charging the battery?

i have try boosting it and still nothing. Before this happened i had to boost it to get it started. And then the only thing it was doing was clicking like i wasnt getting the connection from the battier right so we would boost it and it would start right up. We had to do that a few times. Now she wont start at all wont make any noise like she wants to start does nothing at all just makes that humming noise from the fuse boxs

ok, you have a bad cell in the battery, that is why its only at 10.3 volts, and it will not allow it to be jumped either, you need to replaced the battery, it needs to have a full 12 volts, Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me?? I do not get paid unless you do?

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH