Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio doesn't work. 2014 Taurus. Nothing

Customer Question
Radio doesn't work Mechanic's...

Radio doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2014 Taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Does it power up at all? or is it completely dead? thank you.

Doesn't come on

Alright, do you have your owners manual to that vehicle by chance?

I would like to check the fuses for the radio if possible.

I have the manual

Alright, the interior fuse panel is labelled on page 275.

I want you to pull fuse number 5, 9, 19 and 29. and see if any of those are blown. Does that sound like something you can check? thank you.

Ok I got it. Now if I can find how to open the fuse box to check it out

It's the interior fuse panel on the driver side inside the vehicle, have you located it yet?

Thank You. I will try it myself then.

Alright, let me know if it's just a blown fuse, pull the fuse and see if any of those that I numbered are blown and the legend of fuse numbers is in the manual there on pages 275 276 and 277. Let me know what you find there. thank you.