Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 taurus wagon with 160k miles. the ac compressor froze.

Customer Question
2004 taurus wagon with...

2004 taurus wagon with 160k miles. the ac compressor froze

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

And I can't afford another. is there a by pass belt available?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, a neighbor owns a reputable repair shop and he looked at it this evening. said I would need to get another compress. he looked on the napa site to try and find a by pass belt but did not see one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at the moment...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
11/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

OPtions are to remove the compressor and install a bypass pulley in its place. Another option is to remove the compressor clutch and pulley, and replace the pulley bearing and do not install the compressor clutch, only the pulley.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician