Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

THE REAR WINDOW SHADE ON MY 2010 TAURUS LIMITED WILL NOT…

THE REAR WINDOW SHADE...

THE REAR WINDOW SHADE ON MY 2010 TAURUS LIMITED WILL NOT STAY IN THE DOWN POSITION. IT ROTATES UP AND DOWN AND ON THE SECOND ROTATION TO GO UP IT MAKES A POPPING NOISE. After pressing the button for the control several times it is in the up position and is staying. I ASSUME IT IS IN THE MOTOR. HOW DO I REMOVE IT. THE WHOLE SHADE.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

ON THE SECOND TIME, IT WILL HESITATE AND MAKE A LOUD POPPING AS IF IT IS CATCHING ON SOMETHING. IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WEEK.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

IF IT IS POSSIBLE I WILL. I LOOKED AT THE SITUATION AND THERE IS THINGS LIKE THE SEATS AND SEAT BELTS, AND I SO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THE SHADE WILL COST. If IT IS A JOB THAT WOULD NOT COST OVER A FEW HUNDERD DOLLARS I WOULD HAVE IT DONE. I am a fair mechanic.

11/29/2017
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hell, you will need to remove the rear C pillar trim panels along side the rear windshield and fold the rear seats forward to remove the parcel shelf and then the sunshade.

ok, thanks. that gives me a place to start. now i need to find out the cost of the shade.

I dont see a parts listing but it comes complete, from what i have seen a quote from the dealer is anywhere from 500 to 800 bucks to replace it, so you may jut want to is connect it or remove it.

If you need more help please let me know. If I answered your questions please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Do you need more help with this concern?

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans