Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced the fuel ump and have no power to it. No power at…

Customer Question
I replaced the fuel...

I replaced the fuel ump and have no power to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No power at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 f150 5.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I replace the module as well

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, have you checked the inertia switch to ensure it has not tripped?

Was there power to the fuel pump before replacing it?

No the power was lost but the fuel pump would randomly stop working
The fuel pump relay was coroaded and I replaced it but the truck would randomly shut off

Ok, is the inertia switch tripping?

Nope I reset the switch still no power

HI,

Ok, at the fuel pump relay cavity, use a jumper wire to install between cavity #30 and #87(the cavities or the fuel pump relay will have the numbers on them) and then turn key to on and see if the fuel pump powers

If it does not, then check for power on cavities 30, 85 and 87 of the fuel pump relay with key in cranking position and let me know the results