Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No crank, no start. 2008 F-250 S/D king ranch 4x4 6.4

Customer Question
No crank, no start ...

No crank, no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 F-250 S/D king ranch 4x4 6.4 diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Batterys full, reset fuel cutoff switch, checked for loose wiring

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
11/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Key in the run position what is the theft light and engine light doing?

Will it crank in neutral?

Anything aftermarket on the vehicle?

No after market stuff, will not crank in nuetral and engine and battery light.
The security light turns off like normal

If you turn the key to run then at the starter use a tool or wire to cross both wires on the starter will it crank and start?

Do you have a diagnostic tool, if so is the PCM seeing an accurate TRP signal from the transmission stating it is in park or neutral?

I don't have diagnostic toolbut i can i jump the starter from connecter by the d-side battery?
I meant oassenger.

You can do the bypass at the starter relay or the starter motor, either will be fone.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician