Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 07 expedition that i bought. i have a problem with…

Customer Question
i have an 07 expedition...
i have an 07 expedition that i bought. i have a problem with the door locks. the door lock button on the drivers door will not lock the doors. hear no click or anything but will unlock them. all doors lock when you start moving but will not unlock it when you stop it. also there is no time delay off on the headlights. looked in the book but found nothing. is there a way to fix these problems.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue

we have a door module and master switch that could be causing it and in some etcreme cases the wiring harness between the cabin and the door ,they will bro***** *****nes

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve from door module ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

am going to fix myself. i do residential hvac so have a voltmeter and knowledge of troubleshooting. i have a cheap scanner but dont think it does body modules
Okay no worries ,do I need you for my house hvac.lol
No worries
Can we start with switch on main driver with switch presses what are we reading any power out ,next the wiring harness loom at the door hinges if no power exist
Let’s start here and we go from there I m looking up the circuit diagram to upload for you here .
i am not at the vehicle now. if you can tell me what steps i need to ck i will. also where is the door module and if it has to be replaced does it have to be programmed or anything
No programming necessary ,located inside the door ,panel has to be removed
I need to see a 12 volt on one of the pins from master switch when pressed .
When U ready and at the vehicle reply back here for me and we can continue the post will stay open for you to come back and at times until hopefully solved

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat