Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Does a 2013 Ford Edge have a safety sensor for the rear

Customer Question
Does a 2013 Ford...

Does a 2013 Ford Edge have a safety sensor for the rear door?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

When the door is closing, if a child other things are in the way, will the door sense that and stop closing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing ourselves, but if there is a sensor it is not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Bought this car used from the dealer and it never seemed to have a sensor. Am trying to find out if it is supposed to, as we have a 3 year old and it is a safety issue.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Yes there are switches and sensors used to detect an object or person preventing liftgate movement which will make the liftgate not close. It does not do this by site or radar, it does this by feeling the presence of something blocking its movement.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris