Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changing distributor 77 400 ford oil pump drive shaft pulled…

Customer Question
Changing distributor 77 400...

Changing distributor 77 400 ford oil pump drive shaft pulled out of oil pump

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Cant get shaft back in from top side

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '77 Ford?

F 250 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. have turned and wiggled shaft but wont go into oil pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will I have to drop the oil pan?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
11/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** you tried to put shaft into bottom of the distributor and putting it back in? It needs to be straight to go into oil pump.
have not been able to pull shaft out
Out of the hole or out of distributor?

Is the shaft stuck in the bottom of distributor shaft? If it is then just spray some carb cleaner in it to loosen the gunk and grab with a pair of vise grips and tap it free from distributor shaft.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 3 months ago

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you and can get question closed out. Thanks.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61