Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003f350 6.0now I was on the freeway doing 70 mph…

Customer Question
Ok so I have...

Ok so I have a 2003f350 6.0now I was on the freeway doing 70 mph and passenger front tire blows ,I put spare on but now truck has very little power cannot get up to speed . Esp going up any incline It falls on its face , down hill it picks up but now after I parked it that night now it fired up for one sec then dies wont stay running . Can anyone help me figure out why

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

The tread slapped my fender ,door ,damage my mirror broke . So rubber flew off I left it there but very loud bang violant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '70 Ford?

No not 70 ford 2003 fordf350 6.0 superduty supercab dually

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying to start it to take it to shop its to heavy to push ,reqires flatbed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
11/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 4 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, take a look at the Charge air cooler hoses on the passenger side of the engine near the radiator. There are metal pipes that run to and fro the turbo that the hoses can blow off the CAC cooler up front. If one of the hoses is cut/damaged or blew off then this will cause a major loss of power. Take a good look at the blue CAC and black CAC hoses connections. Reinstall or replace the hoses if needed.

If you need more help please let me know. If I answered your questions please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Cac hoses are good n tight

Ok if those hoses are intact and it has a major lack of power then something else has to be causing a restriction. The check engine light should be on and setting a trouble code or codes at this point. if not it should have codes stored in memory. A scan tool needs to be used to evaluate the loss of power. I doubt an exhaust pipe got crushed from the tire falling apart but possibly some wiring under the engine bay area. If something is damaged from the tire it should be obvious. Other issues with a lack of power are turbo charger carbon coking and egr valve issues, FICM module and injector issues. All of those will set some sort of diagnostic trouble codes.

Do you need more help with this concern?

You never answered my questions yet you charged me $28 dollars I just stopped asking questions so please credit my account thanks
HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans