Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The daytime running light do not switch off when you shut…

Customer Question
The daytime running light...

The daytime running light do not switch off when you shut off the vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 Escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled the headlight relay and the lights went out. Switched relay with another and the lights came back on and stayed on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The Service engine light just recently came on, don't know if it's related????

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/28/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you own a volt meter or test light so we can do some tests?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris