Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1986 ford 250 replacing master, line, and clutch. I bought…

Customer Question
1986 ford 250 replacing...

1986 ford 250 replacing master, line, and clutch slave

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

I bought used, no idea how many miles, i use for plowing snow, last winter i had to pump pedal several times when first starting out, i don't think clutch is slipping. i have removed and all hydraulics

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

New master, line and slave. new master is in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This slave has rubber band on which is supposed to break when i first press pedal. i just want to know proper filling of fluid, shouid i fill liine before putting slave into place?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
11/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

It will not hurt to add some fluid to the line but once you have everything mounted open your bleeder with a full master cylinder and let it gravity bleed till you get fluid out of the port. Once you have fluid, close the bleeder then go in and pump the clutch pedal 8 to 10 times with a helper and open the bleeder while the helper holds the pedal to the floor. Let the air and fluid escape and then close the bleeder. Repeat this process a few times and you should have a good pedal.

i will try this. where is bleeder valve? how can i get back to you if i have problems?

The bleeder should be in the slave cylinder. All you need to do is post back on this link if needed.

no, it sounds simple, i will try it

Im here if needed.