Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car coolant temperature gage stuck on high and vehicle will…

Customer Question
Car coolant temperature gage...

Car coolant temperature gage stuck on high and vehicle will start and run but when put in gear will not move

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2013 ford fusion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not planning on it.. just want to get it back home or on a trailor to a dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's mostly it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
11/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 9 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Most of the time that problem is caused by the cylinder head temperature sensor. The vehicle does not love because it goes into a failsafe mode.

THanks for viewing my response. Have you made any repair attempts or continued diagnosis on this issue?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!